Students who are searching for NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Civics Chapter 2 Understanding Secularism with Answers Pdf free download are compiled here to get good practice on all fundamentals. Know your preparation level on MCQ Questions for Class 8 Social Science with Answers. You can also verify your answers from our provided Understanding Secularism Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers. So, ace up your preparation with MCQ of Chapter 2 Civics Objective Questions.
Understanding Secularism Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers
Appearing Students of Class 8 Exams can download MCQ on Understanding Secularism Class 8 with Answers from here. By practicing Class 8 Civics Chapter 2 MCQ with Answers, you can score well in the exam. Download Class 8 SST Civics Chapter 2 MCQ in PDF format from the below access links and start practicing on a regular basis for better subject knowledge.
Who were persecuted in Hitler’s Germany?
Answer: (a) Jews
What is referred to as the separation of religion from the State?
Answer: (c) Secularism
Which community in Indian society cannot be forced to wear Helmet as they wear Turban.
Answer: (d) Sikhs
In which country most children in the government schools have to begin their school day reciting ‘Pledge of Allegiance’?
Answer: (d) USA
In which year and month France passed a law which banned wearing any conspicuous religious or political signs.
(a) In Feb 2004
(b) In Feb 2005
(c) In Mar 2006
(d) In Jan 2008
Answer: (a) In Feb 2004
In February 2004, which country has prohibited the wearing of conspicuous religious or political signs by the students?
(d) None of these
Answer: (a) France
In the year 2004, France prohibited the students from wearing of conspicuous religious or political signs. The bill was passed by France’s national legislature and was signed into law by President Jacques Chirac on 15 March 2004.
What is the status of U.S legislature in the matters of the religion?
(a) Prohibit making new gender law
(b) Prohibit making new reservation law
(c) Prohibit making new religion law
(d) None of these
Answer: (c) Prohibit making new religion law
The First constitutional amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits the legislature from making any law in respect of the religion.
What was the names of the Muslim dominant former French colonies.
(d) All of these
Answer: (d) All of these
Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria were the name of the Muslim dominant former French colonies. In the 1960s, France had faced a shortage of workers and, therefore, had provided visas for these immigrants to come and work in the country.
What was the names of two non-secular countries?
(a) Saudi Arabia
(c) Both a and b
(d) None of these
Answer: (c) Both a and b
The Jewish state of Israel treats its own Muslim and Christian minorities quite badly. In Saudi Arabia, non-Muslims are not allowed to build a temple, church etc., and nor can they gather in a public place for prayers.
Which one of the following is a fundamental right?
(a) Right to freedom of religion
(b) Right to property
(c) Right to work
(d) All of these
Answer: (a) Right to freedom of religion
Right to freedom of religion is a fundamental right.
Write true (T) or false (F)
1. Indian Constitution uses strategy of distancing State from religion.
2. Indian Constitution mandated that the Indian States be secular.
3. Sikhs are not allowed wear the Turbans in India.
4. Government schools in India cannot promote any one religion either in the morning prayers or through religious celebration.
5. In the U.S.A the separation between State and religion means that neither the State nor religion can interfere in the affairs of one another.
Match the following
|1. Ban on wearing of any religious or political sign||(a) U.S.A government schools|
|2. ‘Pledge of Allegiance’||(b) Coercion|
|3. To force someone to do something.||(c) U.S Constitution|
|4. State effort of influence in a particular matter.||(d) France|
|5. Prohibition on Legislature making laws “Respecting an establishment of Religion”.||(e) Intervene|
|1. Ban on wearing of any religious or political sign||(d) France|
|2. ‘Pledge of Allegiance’||(a) U.S.A government schools|
|3. To force someone to do something.||(b) Coercion|
|4. State effort of influence in a particular matter.||(e) Intervene|
|5. Prohibition on Legislature making laws “Respecting an establishment of Religion”.||(c) U.S Constitution|
Fill in the blanks
1. Indian State is ……………………… and works in various way to prevent religious ……………………… .
Answer: Secular, domination
2. The Indian Constitution grants the right to religious ……………………… to set up their own schools and colleges.
3. Indian Secularism works to prevent the domination through a strategy of ……………………… .
4. ……………………… refers to the separation of religion from the State.
5. The majority could quite easily prevent ……………………… from practising their ……………………… .
Answer: Minorities, religion
Picture Based Questions
1. What was the question asked by Rekha from her teacher of the government school?
2. In which area is the above government school is situated?
3. What was the explanation given by sir when he said no for the celebration of festival in government school?
1. She asked that “there is a big religious festival next month. We’ve never celebrated it in school can we do it this year”.
3. According to him, government schools cannot give importance to any one religion private school may do that but govt, schools don’t celebrate any religious festivals in the school premises.
1. Which words does the ‘Pledge of Allegiance’ includes.
2. What does the above picture shows.
1. This pledge includes the words “under God”.
2. The picture shows about the students taking the “Pledge of Allegiance’ in a govt, school in the USA
Use the above-provided NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Civics Chapter 2 Understanding Secularism with Answers Pdf free download and get a good grip on the fundamentals of real numbers topic. Need any support from our end during the preparation of Understanding Secularism Class 8 MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers then leave your comments below. We’ll revert back to you soon.